The Stadium field meets international requirements and is primarily configured for sports requiring a rectangle playing surface, however the venue has the flexibility to accommodate oval sports such as cricket and AFL. The venue hosts an array of events including international and national games and training camps across codes, regional and state league games as well as music and entertainment events.
The venue was designed to easily accommodate 10,000 capacity to suit any sport or entertainment set up, through bringing extra infrastructure in around the rectangle field, to ensure prime viewing for spectators from all areas. The venue can be reconfigured for a staged entertainment setup, already having held 15,000 patrons for a concert event.
The grandstand facility consists of 1050 seats, with 2000 temporary seats situated adjacent to the grandstand building.
Stadium SPectator Facilities
- 1050 covered, tiered seats
- Three levels including ground floor, mezzanine and concourse levels
- Concourse level located to rear of top tier seating provides views to both the main field and the east bank of Lake Kawana
- Licenced and unlicenced seating available
- Audio loop for hearing impaired patrons
Food and Beverage
- Canteen facilities located on ground floor and on the concourse level
- Bar servery located on the concourse level
- Spectator toilets on both the ground and mezzanine levels
- Two entry gates located on Sportsmans Parade
- Public lift access
- Access from both Nicklin Way and Sportsmans Parade
- Ticket box office located on Sportsmans Parade - for ticket purchase or collection
- Ticket sales can be conducted from the ticket fffice, located on the northern side of the Stadium. The ticket office is a fully enclosed, air conditioned, secure building with multiple queuing points, including windows for disability access
- Permanent parking available via Nicklin Way entry
- Street parking available on Sportsmans Parade
- Permanent catering facilities located on ground floor and concourse level
- Commercial grade kitchen
- Corporate hospitality facilities and seating - six corporate boxes available
- Corporate function lounge including bar and views to the field and to the lake
National Standard Playing Facility
- Air conditioned players change room facilities on the ground floor, with each set of two having connecting doors to enable two large change rooms
- Fully enclosed, air conditioned media box and control office in a central location on the concourse level
- Live broadcast camera platform
- Sideline benches for players and officials
- Two fully enclosed, air conditioned coaches boxes on the concourse level with communication to players Benches
- Fully equipped medical room adjacent to change rooms
- Anti-doping facility adjacent to change rooms
- Air conditioned male and female officials change room and amenities
- Field lighting of over 200 lux
Sunshine Coast Stadium is adjacent to the precincts Aquatic Centre and Gymnasium, with easy access to recovery pools and additional training facilities.
The design of the grandstand incorporates environmentally sustainable features which utilise cost-effective technology to minimise impacts on the environment. It includes:
- Rain water harvesting and water saving features
- Solar panels feeding into grid
- Solar performance glass
- Solar blinds
- Passive energy conservation measures to minimise energy consumption without reducing accommodation standards
- Low maintenance materials
- Low VOC points
- Energy efficient appliances
- Sensor lighting systems
Sunshine Coast Stadium has two Solar Power Systems installed, a 30kW commercial system on the roof composed of 127 x Kyocera Solar 253W photovoltaic modules feeding twin 15kW SMA Sunny Tripower inverters.
This system supplies power to the Stadium with excess production fed back into the grid. A monitoring system displays real time power production data on a 52" LED LCD display in the foyer, along with information such as historical production statistics and CO2 savings.
The second Solar Power System is a 3.3kW system installed on a car park shading structure with an integrated electric vehicle charging station.
Sportsmans Parade, Bokarina, Sunshine Coast
Saturday 15th September - Ocean Event Sunday 16th September - Gatorade QTS Triathlon