The atmosphere at Lake Kawana is shaped by the local, national and international activities that take place in and around the water. It is home to a variety of clubs such as the Sunshine Coast Dragon Boats and Ladies Dragons Abreast, Australian Outrigger Canoe Racing Association (AOCRA), Sunshine Coast Junior Outrigger Paddling, and the Kawana Canoe and Kayak Club. Regattas, state titles and triathlons are hosted on the lake throughout the year, including the GPS Head of the River rowing regattas. Whether watching from the lake foreshore or competeing yourself, Lake Kawana is a beautiful spot to be.
Lakeside Competition Facilities
When the energetic paddling sports take to the water they are sure to attract a crowd. Aside from the paddlers racing through the water, Lake Kawana hosts triathlons, model boat championships, dragon boat racing, surf ski and paddles, stand up paddle boards, open water swimming and much more.
- Eight canoe and kayak lanes or seven rowing lanes to suit the local and national paddlers for competitions, training and warm-ups.
- Two-storey, air conditioned, Finish Tower for officials with floor to ceiling windows facing the Lake.
- Convenient boat ramp
- Roadside parking or nearby parking lots
Dragon Boat competition
Two-storey Finish Tower
Lakeside Leisure Facilities
Eastbank at Lake Kawana is an attraction for locals and guests. Calm waters inspire you to relax with Tai Chi on the grassy lakeside or take a stroll along the path.
- Bring a picnic or use the BBQ facilities for a day out with the family.
- Shaded areas along the lake
- Plenty of space to comforatbly watch lake competitions
- Amenities including toilets and outdoor shower
- Parking available roadside or in close by parking lots.
Come by and enjoy the atmosphere surrounding Lake Kawana or enquire here to book the lake for your next event!